In a generation of social media trends, misinformation regarding skincare is more prevalent than ever before. Without proper guidance by skin care professionals, we may unknowingly be doing more harm than good.
I began to wonder about the authenticity of these trends and how they are affecting teen skincare. I sought advice from a trained Esthetician at TBH Skincare in Indian trail, North Carolina, to see what habits I could implement to improve my skin routine. Luckily for me, my mom is the Head Esthetician at TBH; she and I collaborated and decided to set a month aside to do some lifestyle modifications.
This change included dietary alterations, eliminating sodium, dairy products, and cutting back on my sugar intake. Additionally, we began a skin regimen that included
- A bubbly face wash that catered to my skin type
- A hydrating and bacterial resistant serum
- An acne killing face mask and
- A rich moisturizer.
With the combination of these manageable changes, I started to see significant improvements in my skin; I began to observe less texture and saw more clarity. As a result of this trial month, I now know how to identify fake trends and am promptly equipped to implement healthy home habits, Thanks, mom!
Tiff's Tips for Teens:
- DO NOT wash your face in the shower
- DO wash your face at the sink so you can control the water temperature. Cooler water reduces inflammation.
- DO change your pillowcase daily, fresh pillowcases are free from bacteria.
- DO Clean your make-up brushes and sponges in anti-bacterial soap daily.
- DO use mineral-based makeup. It won't clog your pores, contains anti-inflammation ingredients.
- DO NOT use scrubs to exfoliate if you have acne-prone skin. Enzymes are best for acne-prone skin.
For more information on how to combat acne book a professional treatment with an expert esthetician. We offer organic teen facials and excellent treatments for adult acne.
Tiffany Huber is the owner of TBH Skincare Spa in Indian Trail. Offering a full-spectrum of skincare services, lash treatments, and waxing - her staff is kind, professional, and meticulous.
TBH Skincare Spa
307 Indian Trail Road South
Indian Trail, NC 28079