Spring allergy season in the Carolinas is well underway. Blame itchy eyes, sneezing, and runny noses on tree pollen right now. Flower and grass allergens will join the party soon. Comfortable levels should return around mid-May.
In the meantime, here are a few simple steps you can take:
- It might be tempting but don't open windows if pollen is in the air, especially on windy days.
- Keep car windows shut and use the recirculating AC feature.
- Stay on top of home air filter changes.
- Maintain the humidity in your house at or under 50%.
- Shower and change immediately after an outdoor workout or yardwork.
- Try elderberry syrup to support a healthy immune response and reduce inflammation. Start your daily dose of 2-3 weeks before symptoms start. Increase frequency to every 3 hours as needed to alleviate discomfort.
Sweet's Elderberry is the only syrup maker around using raw seasonal Carolina honey AND rotating it through production. Right now, Sweet's Syrup contains honey harvested in early spring - the local pollen support you need, exactly when you need it! Shop Sweet's online or find the retailer nearest you at www.sweetssyrup.com.
Wondering what allergy levels look like in your specific area? Click the map and zoom. Allergy sufferers begin to experience symptoms when levels reach around 4.0, or low-medium.