Kids will love this fun and easy Cinco de Mayo craft. Use paper or styrofoam cups and beans/rice to make musical maracas.
What you will need:
- 2 styrofoam or paper cups
- colored tape or hot glue gun
- paints in various colors
- decorative accents such as pom-poms, buttons, sequins, stickers, etc
- rice or beans or unpopped popcorn kernels
What to do:
- Fill one cup with rice and/or beans and/or unpopped popcorn kernels; you only need a handful inside the cup
- Turn the other cup over and place on top of filled cup, lining up rims
- Use colored heavy-duty tape to tape the cups together (can use hot-glue gun to glue cups together; I used black electrical tape!)
- Decorate the cups by painting as you wish and gluing on decorative accents (you may choose to paint the cups before taping them together)
- Allow to dry
- Shake and enjoy your maracas!