This crock pot version of BBQ chicken, roasted potatoes and corn on the cob is a family pleaser. And, because it’s cooked indoors, it’s a perfect solution for those afternoons when the weather makes firing up the grill nearly impossible or your family is running from summer activity to activity and simply wants to come home to a great home-cooked meal.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast (one per person)
- Your favorite BBQ sauce
- 4-6 russet potatoes, washed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Olive oil
- A handful of shredded cheddar cheese
- Corn on the cob (fresh or frozen, each cob cut in half if not already)
- Salt & pepper
- Aluminum foil
- In a 6-quart crockpot/slow cooker, place the chicken breasts on the bottom. Drizzle with just a bit BBQ sauce – enough to just moisten them.
- Toss chopped potatoes with a bit of olive oil and the cheddar cheese. Wrap the potatoes in an “envelope” of aluminum foil. Pull a large piece of foil off the roll and place the potatoes in the center. Fold in the top and bottom and roll the sides in, creating your packet/envelope. Place the potato packet on top of the chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
- Spread each corn cob with butter, season with salt and pepper and wrap each one individually in a piece of aluminum foil. Place on top of the potato packet in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours. Unwrap the corn and potatoes and place in serving dishes. Serve the chicken with additional BBQ sauce for dipping.