Celebrating its 75th season, Children's Theatre of Charlotte opens the season with “Annie” at the McColl Family Theatre.
"Annie," the beloved comic book character, comes to life at Children's Theatre of Charlotte starting Sept 23. As the cast prepares for opening night, families should prepare for opening weekend. Mark your calendars because Sept 24 is officially Children's Theatre of Charlotte Day, according to a new proclamation by Mayor Lyles.
- Annie / Sept 23-Oct 23
- The Best Christmas Pageant Ever: The Musical / Nov 18-Dec 22
- Allie Kazan and the Magic Mansion / Feb 4-19
Unable to make the opening shows? Come celebrate with us, anyway! Children's Theatre of Charlotte is hosting a free Family Festival from 1-4 PM on September 24th with games, food and fun for the whole family inside and outside of Imaginon. Some of the fun includes:
- Craft tables hosted by the Children's Theatre of Charlotte Education team, Refugee Support Services and yours truly ~ MacaroniKID Union, Fort Mill and South Charlotte
- Story Time in the Spangler with Charlotte Mecklenburg Library
- Face painting and balloon twisting by Face Art & More
- Wandering performers by Sigmon Theatrical
- Chalk Art by Elle Walsh at CLT Chalk Art
- Bounce house, giant Jenga, giant checkers, cornhole and ladderball AND
- Behind-the-scenes tours
All of the above is FREE fun for you to enjoy with your family. Hungry? Want to see Annie? Both of those are options, too - Children's Theatre of Charlotte will be hosting food trucks with food to purchase as well as selling tickets to this beloved performance! You can find more information on what to expect HERE.
Tickets for "Annie" are available until October 23. For more information regarding the show or Children’s Theatre of Charlottes’s 2022-23 season, please visit ctcharlotte.org.
About Children’s Theatre of Charlotte:
Founded in 1948, Children’s Theatre of Charlotte is a 501(c)(3) organization that has grown to become one of the top theatre and education organizations for young people in the United States. Nationally recognized for the breadth and strength of its programs, Children's Theatre of Charlotte provides more than 250,000 experiences for children and families a year with technically imaginative productions and wide-ranging education programs for young people. To learn more, visit ctcharlotte.org or call 704-973-2828.