Don't let the cold weather stop you from exploring the NC/SC coast. There are so many work days and breaks coming up, but a beach is still a great option for a quick getaway from Charlotte.
Here are some tips to help you make the most of your winter beach trip:
- Check the weather before you go and pack accordingly. Even if it's not hot outside, you can still get wet, so pack plenty of extra clothes, towels, and blankets.
- Invest in some quality wetsuits and beach gear to keep everyone warm and toasty while playing in the surf.
- Bring some warm drinks like hot cocoa and tea, as well as snacks like trail mix and granola bars that you can enjoy while watching the sunset.
- Bring along some beach toys and games to keep everyone entertained.
- Wear plenty of sunscreens, even when it's cold outside.
- Take plenty of pictures to capture all the fun memories you'll make on your winter beach trip.
- Manage your expectations, if you spend all day inside watching movies and playing games, the change of scenery is still good for the soul!
Need some ideas of things to do at the beach in winter?
- Take a long walk and explore the beach, looking for interesting shells and sea creatures! This is a great time to try Geocaching.
- Go bird-watching and see what kinds of birds are hanging around the beach in the wintertime. -
- Build a sand castle with friends or family and make it extra special with decorations like seashells, colorful stones, and driftwood.
- Have a picnic with hot chocolate and your favorite snacks.
- Fly a kite
- Buy some new games and snuggle in for a family game night
- Be a tourist, many of the beach towns offer fun museums and local attractions to check out.
Need some help picking a beach? Check out our Beach Guide!